Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Update 1-25-10

Gene’s Update: 1-25-10
Looking good….that is what all the docs and nurses are saying. After yesterday’s scary adventure, he bounced right back. Had two walks, ate really well. We got out the new kindle and downloaded the first book, George Carlin’s Last Words. So that was fun. He actually got an afternoon nap in, and now that we’ve discovered HaagenDas Chocolate Cups are on the allowed list, even some food to look forward to.

Docs say all samples from the bronchoscopy are negative for fungus, but that the cultures could still turn positive, and that they may never know what it is, but are hoping the broad spectrum antifungal takes care of it. No mention of any nasty needle biopsy so that was good. Still a little temp in the 99 range, but down from yesterday.

So, I went back to work, an easy day, my immediate superior is completely supportive of whatever I need to do, and of course everyone is so kind and so supportive. And Kate, my co-worker reminded me of the Lance Armstrong story, had forgotten that one. I talked to Gene on the way to work and again at lunch so that helped. Got a little sad at the end of the day when it wasn’t a regular workaday evening, but an evening at the hospital. But Gene’s good spirits lifted me back up.

Patty and Jim are working on the exact location on the Torrey Pines Golf Course that Gene’s room looks out on, so in tomorrow’s update, she’ll have that info. Oh, and here (if I can copy the link and it works) is a really fun jibjab video from Robyn Mead, Gene looking much better than I do:

Jibjab video link

So, it must be all the incredible energy, prayers, thoughts and wishes that you are sending that got us back on the positive track so quickly, thank you, keep it up…we’re in it for the long haul, and your support is carrying us through.
g

gail.moriarty@me.com

No comments:

Post a Comment